The organ was built by W. Hill and Son in 1902. Intended as a three manual, the work was never fully completed. The action for the Great and Swell is tracker, while that to the Pedal is pneumatic. In 1986, the organ was overhauled by Hill, Norman and Beard. Further development of the organ was undertaken by Shepherd and Sons in 1990. The present specification is shown below.